CRA Service Offerings for BusinessesPosted by David Marchand on
Whether your business is small, medium or large, a sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation or co-operative, feedback to the CRA helps them develop services that are fairer, more helpful and easier to use, such as:
- Business Registration Online allows businesses to register for a business number, register for the four main CRA program accounts (corporation income tax, GST/HST, payroll deductions, import-export), and link to other business online registries for some provincial programs, such as British Columbia, Ontario, and Nova Scotia.
- My Business Account is available for businesses to file returns, view account activities, manage banking information, respond to notices, and complete a number of tax-related transactions online.
- The Enquiries Service, available in My Business Account, lets users ask a question relating to a GST/HST return or rebate, corporation return or specialty business return and get an answer in writing. The CRA aims to answer these enquiries within two weeks, 95% of the time. For many businesses, this service is more convenient than calling CRA’s business enquiries line.
- CRA BizApp allows business owners to keep on top of their business accounts securely, anytime and anywhere. CRA BizApp is a mobile web application for small business owners and sole proprietors. The application offers secure access to view accounting transactions, pay outstanding balances, and more.
- The Liaison Officer Service is available to owners of small unincorporated businesses to help them understand their tax obligations. Liaison officers will make in-person visits or arrange group seminars to answer tax-related questions and address concerns, for free.