Tech Tips - MyBusiness & MyCRA AccountsPosted by Editor on
Have you ever wanted to check your installment balance before the CRA decides to send out a statement? How about get another look at a letter they sent you and you shredded or recycled? The CRA offers an online system for these things and many others.
The process to gain access is simple and secure. You can either sign up directly with the CRA or use one of the below verified Sign-In Partners.
To register using the Sign-In Partners:
2. Select “Sign-In Partner Login/Register” and then the financial institution you deal with
3. Use your pre-existing online banking log in credentials
4. Enter the requested information:
- Postal code used on your last filed return
- Date of birth
- A line from your tax return – this is random. If you do not have easy access to your tax return; we can send you another copy, or look up the line item over the phone for you.
5. The CRA will then mail you a security code. Once that is in hand, log back in using the system, provide the security code, and you are in!
To register by creating a CRA log in:
2. Select “CRA register”
3. Follow steps 4 & 5 above
You will now have access to your personal CRA records.
Now that you are registered for MyCRA, if you have a corporation, you can gain access to those records using the following steps:
2. Log in using whichever option you used to register your personal account
3. Enter your business number
You will now have access to your corporate CRA records. If you encounter an error at any point during this process or have any questions about the system itself, please contact us and one of our team members will be happy to assist.
To give you an idea of what can be done with this system, here is the most common areas:
- Check an account balance
- Make a payment
- View past filings
- View mail (up to 3 years old!)
- Set up or change direct deposit
- File GST or Payroll remittances
- Check RRSP space available