Alberta Job ProgramPosted on
A Win Win for Future Employees and Employers– The Alberta Jobs Now Grant
Are you staffing up now that we are fully open after COVID -19? If so, the Alberta Jobs Now Grant is a program you need.
The Alberta Jobs Now program covers up to 25% of the annual salary of a new hire, provided that they were previously unemployed for the past 90 days. Even if you laid them off and now want to re-hire them! Let’s get out there and find some great team members to support the growth the reopening will hopefully provide for small business!
Here is a high-level summary of the qualifications and criteria of this program as well as a link to where you can find out more include how to apply:
Is your business eligible?
To be eligible you must fit into one of the following groups:
- Private sector business and non-profit organizations in Alberta can apply.
- Private business/ partnership must have a valid Alberta Corporate Access Number. Have been incorporated for more than a year. Must be located and operational in Alberta.
- Sole Proprietors must have a valid trade name number, have been registered in the Alberta Corporate Registry for more than a year and located and operating in Alberta.
- Non-profit organizations must have been registered or incorporated for more than a year. Are located and operational in Alberta. Must have a valid ACAN where applicable.
How do you ensure your candidate qualifies? In order to qualify your hire must meet the following criteria:
- Your candidate must be an unemployed individual or in a part time position averaging less than 30 hours a week.
- Your new hire must be hired on or after the program launch date.
- Your new hire’s info must be submitted (on the job grant portal that you set up to apply for this program) within 30 days after employee’s date of hire.
- A previous employee of yours is still eligible if they were not employed for the past 90 days.
- Your candidate must be Alberta resident and will be working in the province.
- Your new hire must be a Canadian citizen or obtain a PR card (permanent residence) or protected persons under the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Protection Act who is legally entitled to work in Canada.
- The next intake Sept 16 to December 31, 2021
As always we are happy to help the business community. To meet with one of our team members, please go to client resources and book an initial consult.